Monday, May 13, 2013

Blessed by the Rain

April showers bring May flowers. 

The only problem is that when this month approaches,  I often forget to pause and enjoy the new life and beauty that brightens up this great big world. It's easy to get weighted down by hectic schedules, planning summer events, celebrating the ending of a school year, the list goes on and on.

However, this year has been different for me.

Even though my agenda has been busier than ever, my thoughts are at peace. 
Even when by body is constantly in motion, my soul is still.
Even though the future is unknown,  my destination is clear. 
Even when pieces of this life fall apart, my heart is mended. 
Even when loved ones seem distant, His Presence is near. 

This past week has been an emotional roller coaster. Just as I began to believe that the grieving process had reached a coasting speed, milestone events and celebrations such as Mothers Day cause the pain of losing a special lady to resurface. During a day meant to be full of joy, it can also be a time that draws attention to the reality that some mothers, grandmothers, or aunts honored on this day are no longer present with us in the flesh.

For those of you who have experienced this feeling, know that even though I may not understand your personal situation, you are being lifted up in prayer.  In the midst of the twists, loops, and sudden drops that exist take hope in knowing that there is a Creator that wants to be your safety harness,  hold you close, and take away your fear.

What are you dealing with right at this moment? 
Surrender it. 

In doing so, you will learn to appreciate the showers. And even in the rain, you will be able to look through goggles of hope and witness the goodness instead of the tragedy. Look for the blossoms. We live in a world full of life, so live! 

Tonight, I am thankful for the showers because I realize it's necessary for growth and appreciating this beautiful life that we've been given. 

Truly blessed by the rain.

   

1 comment: